Rufford Abbey Country Park
Welcome to Rufford Abbey Country Park, a magical place to visit all year round
Founded on the edge of Sherwood Forest 870 years ago, Rufford Abbey is today a romantic ruin, set in a beautiful park. Enjoy its nature, art, history, fresh air and fun. From swans and swallows to cheeky squirrels, there's wildlife galore, woodland to wander, sculpture to admire. Spread a picnic blanket, grab a snack in the Cafe or celebrate with afternoon tea in Lord Savile's Victorian kitchen. Our paths are pram and mobility scooter friendly, so whatever your age, it's easy to get around and explore.
Set in the heart of Robin Hood Country the park, which is owned by Nottinghamshire County Council, offers native woodland, a lake and gardens as well as a range of attractions, activities and catering options managed by Parkwood Outdoors.
- Open every day except Christmas Day
- Free admission to park & abbey ruins. £3 car parking charge
- Car parks open 10am - 5.30pm
- Dogs welcome on a lead
- Three eateries
- Craft Shop & Outdoor Living Shop
- Coming soon - The Courtyard Deli
- Mobility scooter hire & free wheelchair loan
- Car park season ticket £30 - on sale now at our Craft Shop
Click on one of the links below to find out more about our site or get in touch!